Friday, March 20, 2009

Thing 17: Podcasts

I have been listening to podcasts ever since I bought an iPod a few years back. I downloaded iTunes and started poking around. I found that a few shows that I listened to on the radio were available as podcasts, usually the same day.

I set up iTunes to download these podcasts daily and then I started listening to them in my car and on my computer. Aaahhh, the good life. My love affair with the Tivo, now spread to podcasts. I could listen to quality programming on my time and schedule, with no commercials interruptions. Sweet!

I have listened to a few library webinars that were really podcasts. There was no visual content, just a talking head (without seeing the head). Depending on the subject matter and length of program (i.e., programs that understood my short attention span), some were good and some not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment